Shining Soul: List of forging items and rare/unique equipment

Forge lists complete; rare drops almost complete

Discuss the first Shining game for Game Boy Advance here!

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Lancet

List of forging items and rare/unique equipment

Post by Lancet »

This is a list of all items available for forging with Mithril, Orihalcon, and Dark Matter. I also include a list of "unique" items and all known sources of those items, such as rare enemy drops and any other item that comes with bonuses present (and isn't randomized, unlike shop/unidentified equipment)

MITHRIL:
Element Sword
Shiva Sword
Levatine
Gale Lance
Holy Lance
Dragoon Lance
Heat Axe
Giant Axe
Dragon Axe
Mithril Bow
Sonic Bow
Moonlight Bow
Holy Flail
Force Flail
Chaos Flail
Secret Scrolls

Mithril Armor
Mithril Robe
Mithril Helm
Mithril Hood

Life Ring
Attack Ring
Wisdom Ring
Protect Ring
Quick Ring

DARK MATTER:
Darkside Sword
Devil Lance
Evil Axe
Cantarela Bow
Evil Flail
Sorcery Scrolls

Dark Armor
Dark Robe
Dark Helm
Dark Hood

Black Ring
Evil Ring

ORIHALCON:
Soul Blade
Sword of Lord
Soul Lance
Hozon Lance
Axe of Soul
Apollo Axe
Soul Bow
Sagittarius Bow
Soul Flail
Ark Flail
Holy Scrolls

Soul Armor
Force Armor
Robe of Soul
Saint Cloak
Soul Helm
Force Helm
Soul Cap
Saint Hood

White Ring
Speed Ring

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swords:
-Knight Sword: Dropped by the "centaur knight" enemies Dark Tower (advance mode).
-Paste Sword: Dropped by any "paste" enemy in advance mode.

Spears:
none

Axes:
-Stone Axe: Dropped by "stone statue" enemies on a couple of floors of Glaybull Temple (either mode).

Bows:
-Master Bow: Dropped by "archer" enemies in Dark Tower (either mode).

Flails:
-Giant's Ironball: Dropped by "minotaur with iron ball" enemies in Dark Tower and Dark Castle (both advance mode).

Head armor:
-Shinobi Cap: Given by Kagemaru the ninja after completing Area 5 in normal mode (if all previous items are obtained).
-Bone Helm: Dropped by any "skeleton" enemy (either mode).
-Dragon Helm: Dropped by the dragon at the end of Dark Castle (not the actual boss), normal or advanced mode. Might be dropped by other dragons, too.

Body armor:
-Shinobi Outfit: Given by Kagemaru the ninja after completing Area 6 in normal mode (if all previous items are obtained).
-Judo Suit: Start a new Dragonute character named "Segata" and it will be equipped.
-Leaf Briefs: Start a new Archer character named "NomuNomu" and it will be equipped.
-Arrow Armor: Dropped by the blue "arrow" guy on floor 8 of Otherworldly Forest (advance mode).
-Purple Robe: Dropped by the purple "worm" enemy on floor 8 of Otherworldly Forest (normal mode).
-Royal Gown: Dropped by "sorcerer" enemies in Dark Tower and Dark Castle (advance mode).
-Bone Mail: Dropped by any "skeleton" enemy (either mode).
-Dragon Armor: Dropped by the dragon at the end of Dark Castle (not the actual boss), normal or advanced mode. Might be dropped by other dragons, too.

Accessories:
-Shinobi Bracelet: Given by Kagemaru the ninja after completing Area 7 in normal mode (if all previous items are obtained).
-Darkside Orb: Dropped by "demon" enemies (winged humanoids that cast magic), usually in Dark Tower and Dark Castle (either mode).
-Dragon Orb: Dropped by dragons on normal or advanced (definitely final dragon of Dark Castle, maybe others, too).

Other accessories that aren't forged can be found randomly from boss chests or random enemy drops. Some won't be found until later in normal mode (Bronze Medal is available first, for example, followed by Silver, Gold, and then Platinum). All accessories available as such can be found at any time in advanced mode (from boss chests or random enemy drops). Similarly, advance mode enemies can drop mithril, dark matter, and orihalcon, all very rarely. Boss chests can rarely have them, too. Mithril is the most common by far, due to Monuments of Mithril.

UNKNOWN ITEMS (I don't know where they are found. If anyone does find them, post about it please! Even if it's years later):
-Manly Loincloth
-Tighty Whities
-Dragon Briefs

Guide by: LancetJades (of GameFAQs and elsewhere)
Last edited by Lancet on Mon Aug 15 2016 4:08am, edited 1 time in total.
sulfuroxp
Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Re: List of forging items and rare/unique equipment

Post by sulfuroxp »

(hello gamefaqs)?
some errors
* Arrow-kun No. 2 drop Arrow Armor too
* Knight Sword dropped by Soul Knight
* many of the list are not made of Mithril, like Shiva Sword
* Minotaurs drop Giant Iron Ball, no Knight Sword
* Royal Gown dropped by "Demon" enemies
* Shinobi Outfit, Shinobi Band, Shinobi Bracelet and Sushi from Kagemaru
* Paste Sword dropped by any paste in advance mode
* Dragon Armor dropped only by White Dragon, maybe Queen Dragon. Dragon, maybe Shadow Dragon too, drop Dragon Helm. Soul Dragon, ... King Dragon..., drop Dragon Orb

Special name ítems: Judo Uniform, Manly Loincloth, Tighty Whities, Leaf Briefs, Dragon Pants, Monkey Doll, Painter Soul
Only multiplayer ítems: Dreamcast and Amigo Doll (SF Amigo, not the monkey)
Purple Robe dropped by Purple Worm
Lancet

Post by Lancet »

* Arrow-kun No2 are the yellow arrow guys, right? If so, I never got an Arrow Armor from them.
* Knight Sword sounds right, but I could've sworn it was the minotaurs.
* Every item in the forging list I guarantee is made from that material, Shiva Sword included.
* Royal Gown I've gotten from the sorcerer enemies, not demons. Demons drop the Darkside Orb.
* I can add the Shinobi stuff to the list, yeah. Do you know if there's any other source of Sushi in the game?

Regarding dragons (and most of the others) is there anything in-game that tells you enemy names? Because otherwise I'm going to stick with the "description" format, where I describe them, instead of actual names. And are you sure the dragon items (helmet, armor, orb) are dropped by different dragons? Any overlap?

Do you know the names for the Manly Loincloth, Tighty Whities, and Dragon Pants?

Multiplayer-only items... do you mean those only drop if you have 2+ players linked up?

I'll have to check the purple worms! Do you remember where the are found?
EDIT: Got a Purple Robe! Is the purple worm on floor 8 of Otherworldly Forest normal mode really the only one in the game?
rid1ey
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by rid1ey »

This information is very helpful - Thanks
Switch Friend code: SW-6146-8724-6311
3DS Friend Code: 4141-8948-4277
Xbox 360 Gamertag: rid1ey

https://www.instagram.com/stephen_ridley_art/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;