Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

SF3 Patched Scenario 1 (PLEASE HELP)

Game locks up after battle 19 before Fafhard's speech

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

SF3 Patched Scenario 1 (PLEASE HELP)

Postby M_A_X » Fri Feb 26 2016 7:15am

After the 19th battle, the game freezes. I've tried multiple versions of SSF, and I can't figure it out...

Error - MasterSH2 code=600
06000864 : (0600) Unknown code

SlaveSH2 code=AFFE
00000222 : (AFFE) BRA H'00000222
00000224 (0009) NOP
68000 code = 4E71
000010DA : (47E1) NOP
SH2 Unknown code: 0600

Can someone PLEASE help? I've put 48 hours into this playthrough.... I already had to restart a couple of times so far, and this is the furthest I've gotten in the game. I don't want all this time to be for nothing and to have to start over again.....

I tried again with a Prepatched version that was confirmed working, and got this error

MasterSH2 code= 094A
06000522: (094A) Unknown code

Slave SH2 code 0568
0600BFF0: (5068) Mov.L @(H'20,R6) R0

68000 code = 41E80010
0000110E : (41E80010) LEA.L $0010(A0), A0

DelaySlot error

Is there supposed to be a cinematic after that battle? I'm not sure what's going on, and I really want to keep playing the game........
M_A_X

Re: SF3 Patched Scenario 1 (PLEASE HELP)

Postby knight0fdragon » Fri Feb 26 2016 1:26pm

with an error like this, pass us the save file so we can see it in action
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby M_A_X » Fri Feb 26 2016 3:46pm

I actually managed to get past it on my own.

I found this old post after hours of searching. It seems to be an issue with the translation patch itself. I switched out to the non-patched European version for that one battle and haven't had any issues since.

Can anyone confirm that it's an issue with the patch? Might be useful to correct for the future, if so

viewtopic.php?p=537548
M_A_X

Postby knight0fdragon » Fri Feb 26 2016 5:25pm

well if you couldv'e provided the save file, we could have confirmed if our patch is the problem, and make a fix. There are hundreds of lines of text to go through, and to have somebody play to the point it breaks is time consuming.
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby legalize freedom » Fri Feb 26 2016 7:18pm

Chances are you could have gotten past it by using the EZ Settings tab to set to "highest compatibility (fast)".
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby M_A_X » Fri Feb 26 2016 11:36pm

knight0fdragon wrote:well if you could've provided the save file, we could have confirmed if our patch is the problem, and make a fix. There are hundreds of lines of text to go through, and to have somebody play to the point it breaks is time consuming.

Sorry. I downloaded the save editor earlier, so I'm going to run through the game again quickly with my current stats.

If I can get through it by just setting it to highest compatibility, I'll let you guys know in a few hours, and if not I'll post the save file.

While trying to play through again, I've started getting a weird error at random points I've never gotten before. Running the game on highest compatibility all the time now, too.

ResumeThread() error
File: ./MainWindows.cpp
Line:11767
Function: outside_startVDP2Draw
M_A_X

Postby legalize freedom » Sat Feb 27 2016 1:56pm

I told you the wrong thing. Low Compatibility is the Fast setting. Try that if you have not. Consider the Low, Standard, High, etc. settings to be graphic settings.

Otherwise, my natural reaction is to question your computer specs. Would you perhaps be using an older computer or one with integrated graphics?
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Atrias » Tue Mar 08 2016 11:23am

Hey peeps,

OT: Long time no posting on these boards! I did some proofing work back in the early days of the Translation Project but kinda disappeared as my Uni course got more strenuous. I went back to lurking and watching the progress and have finally picked up copies of Sc2& 3 and have been running through the full game from scratch to experience the whole saga in English for the first time. So, I just wanted to say that you have all done a completely amazing awesome job and I am thoroughly enjoying the experience as the last time I played Shining Force was over 10 years ago now whilst I was at University! Thank you SO MUCH for bringing this project so far, I could hug you all!!

Back on topic...: Having said all that, I got to this exact same point in the game and have found the same error message. I circumvented the issue using the flags editor in BoneIdol's editor to skip the Fafhard speech but I did create a copy of a save just before the last hit on Faf. I'll upload it later as an edit to this post. Hopefully it is something you can iron out!
Atrias

Postby legalize freedom » Tue Mar 08 2016 1:18pm

Atrias wrote:Hey peeps,

OT: Long time no posting on these boards! I did some proofing work back in the early days of the Translation Project but kinda disappeared as my Uni course got more strenuous. I went back to lurking and watching the progress and have finally picked up copies of Sc2& 3 and have been running through the full game from scratch to experience the whole saga in English for the first time. So, I just wanted to say that you have all done a completely amazing awesome job and I am thoroughly enjoying the experience as the last time I played Shining Force was over 10 years ago now whilst I was at University! Thank you SO MUCH for bringing this project so far, I could hug you all!!

Back on topic...: Having said all that, I got to this exact same point in the game and have found the same error message. I circumvented the issue using the flags editor in BoneIdol's editor to skip the Fafhard speech but I did create a copy of a save just before the last hit on Faf. I'll upload it later as an edit to this post. Hopefully it is something you can iron out!

Good to see you again Atrias!

A save would be very helpful to help figure out what is causing this. As a pretense, I would warn that using save states causes freezing and crashing issues, so if you have used save states, and the crash doesn't happen for others at the same spot in the game, I'm going to blame that.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Atrias » Tue Mar 08 2016 9:34pm

Hey LF! Good to see you again too. Cracking job you all have been doing, thrilled to be playing through it the way it was intended.

Sad I had to drop out of the Project but as i mentioned, studies took up far too much of my time but It was worth it in the end I suppose, hehe!

Attached is the savefile at the end of the Fafhard battle, think it's on Synbios' turn. If its helpful, I'm running SSF R4 and I believe sadly I'm not actually using the latest patched ISO on reflection so it might be something already corrected - not sure if M_A_X was using the latest version.

Hope this helps and good luck and best wishes. I'm looking to stick around for a bit this time and am happy to assist with anything else.
Atrias

Postby knight0fdragon » Wed Mar 09 2016 12:59am

Happens to all of us lol thanks for the work. Legalize Freedom, if you come across this issue, we should try it with the new compressor to see if we get the same error
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby legalize freedom » Wed Mar 09 2016 1:12pm

Thank you for the kind words! The contribution you were able to provide was valuable.

I don't see anything attached.

Go ahead and grab the latest version and try it just so we aren't troubleshooting something that has been fixed.

You're welcome to document any issues you see. A screen shot, a location (scenario, chapter, town, battle, etc.) and a brief description will do.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Atrias » Wed Mar 09 2016 8:01pm

Oh poopsicles. I didn't think it uploaded. Tried it late last night, twice, but didn't seem to see it go onto my post the first time or after an edit. Do I need more posts for file upload privileges? Can pop it in one of my cloud storages if thats the case.

And sure thing, I'll get on with looking out for anything that catches my eye. I've been reading up on the Project section to see where things have been covered; I have to say I love most of the decisions that've been made (my only personal quibble so far has been the Arrow LV2 special "Hypno Arrow" as I thought Mesmer Arrow was much cooler, haha!).

Will try another upload in a little bit once I've stopped playing my main game; I'm just at the beginning of Ch5 and want to get through Lookover ASAP , my brother is catching up as he's not levelling as pedantically as me!
Atrias

Postby daveshan » Fri Mar 17 2017 7:27am

Just had this problem at the same point. It is fixed by putting it on lowest settings in EZ tab.
daveshan

Return to Shining Force III