Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Best Weapons END game Scenario 2?

what to equip/forge? (chapter 6)

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Best Weapons END game Scenario 2?

Postby rid1ey » Sun Feb 12 2017 11:21am

what are the best weapons to forge/equip (all characters) end game (chapter 6) in scenario 2?
rid1ey

Re: Best Weapons END game Scenario 2?

Postby Swalchy » Sun Feb 12 2017 8:38pm

Will always get some differing opinions on this, but for a rundown of all the weapons (though ignore the Orifalcon weapons, they're Scenario 3 only), see http://www.celestialdamnation.com/jumes ... apons.html

It also depends on which type of weapon you have them all trained up with. I, like many others, will train all characters with all weapons, so I have plenty of choice :)

Anyway, what I'd usually have equipped on whom, and why:

Medion - Final Rapier: Agility +5, Critical +5, Regains 2MP a turn, and special 'Das Ende' is obliterator-type. God Rapier is a good second - I like the spell 'Thanatos' :)
Campbell - Ultra Lance: Highest attack, magic boost, and gives obliteration-type special. Dragon Lance comes in as a close second, as it has the same attack as the Ultra Lance, but is also good against Beasts. Lack of magic boost drops it some points.
Syntesis - Tiamat Rod: It's the Tiamat Rod. Who doesn't love that spell? Having Defence +5, Movement +1, and Luck +2 is also a bonus.
Uryudo - Mitra Ankh: My Uryudo is usually a super beast by the end of the game, so having Thanatos as an attacking spell is great. The Dark and Light resist also come in very handy.
Waltz - Breaker Bow: Defence + 7, excellent special, strong against demons, and greatest attack boost. 'nuff said.
Rock - Gaia Axe: Defence +2, Agility +5, Regains 2HP a turn, gives special Giga Wheel, and can use to cast Aura Lv1 (if you need to). Rock's low HP is greatly assisted by the regaining 2 HP per turn.
Bernard - Same as Waltz: Breaker Bow.
Zero - Shiva Sword/Levantine Sword: Both give same attack, but different bonus' of +30 (light for Shiva, Fire for Levantine). Whichever you think is best for the final battles.
Hazuki - Rumbling Sea Katana: Strongest Katana you can make. Other's are less attack power, and the one you find is cursed. Hazuki does better being able to change to Shuriken's when you want a long range attack
David - Sky Thomahawk - 1-3 range is brilliant. David's just not that great a character.
Hedva - Earth Wand: Thor spell is the most powerful spell in the game. Lightening resist of +40 is good.
Hera - Jewel Glove: Two attack points less than the Magna Glove, but Hera's a bit slow, so the plus 5 agility goes a long way. Gives Counter +4 and Critical +5 as well.
Robbie - Storm Shot: Agility +3 is best thing about it. Weakest power upgrade of the three Shell bows, but Robbie has decent enough attack that dropping 2 points isn't that bad.
Arthur - Rune Spear: Magic bonus this weapon gives is great for the magic Knight, and a plus 25 lights resist is a great bonus.
Jade - Storm Shot: Same as Robbie. Not bad attack for a character, and requires more agility.
Penko - Silver Beak: only Mithril beak you can get made. Choice made for you.
Pappets - Queen Whip: Best attack boost.
The Way To Yahuweh

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby rid1ey » Tue Feb 14 2017 9:05pm

this is brilliant - thanks!
rid1ey

Postby Chinagonuk » Tue Feb 14 2017 11:00pm

There's a fantastic discussion/argument on this thread to help answer that question. Personally I agree with Hrith for scenarios 2 and 3. I'm a fan of picking the weapons which have holy or magical properties and thus more chance of triggering a '!' for higher attack/critical. But the beauty of SF3 is that you can pick any weapon and make do, so pick the weapons that suit you.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26202

Make sure you read all the replies and decide for yourself.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Swalchy » Tue Feb 14 2017 11:30pm

Disagree - read mine and ignore Hirith's :p
The Way To Yahuweh

The Way To Yahuweh

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby rid1ey » Fri Feb 17 2017 3:34pm

Chinagonuk wrote:There's a fantastic discussion/argument on this thread to help answer that question. Personally I agree with Hrith for scenarios 2 and 3. I'm a fan of picking the weapons which have holy or magical properties and thus more chance of triggering a '!' for higher attack/critical. But the beauty of SF3 is that you can pick any weapon and make do, so pick the weapons that suit you.

http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/v ... 10&t=26202

Make sure you read all the replies and decide for yourself.

thanks for your input also!
rid1ey

Postby MXC » Fri Feb 17 2017 3:52pm

Now for the people that don't like to spend triple the time to make the game too easy, I'll list the weapons I used while training only the main (or first two in the case of having a ranged option). Also, put some damn spaces in your list Swalchy! Sheesh!

One note about this: I don't remember all of the weapons you can find so some of these might just be the best mithril option. (Some names might be a bit different too. Stupid localization differences).

Code: Select all
Medion   Final Rapier      

Campbell   Holy Lance for HP Regen      Lancelot/Rune Spear for Skill

Syntesis   Tiamat Rod OR Milky Rod for MP Regen      

Uryudo   Tiamat Rod OR Milky Rod for MP Regen      

Walz   Flame Quarrel for Resists      

Rock   Gaia Axe for being awesome      

Bernard   Demon Breaker for Defense and Skill      

Zero   Sword of Shiva for Lightning Resist      

Hazuki   Rumbling Sea for Skill      Wind Demon Shuriken for attack

David   Sky Tomahawk for range      

Hedoba   Witch Wand for Luck +2      

Arthur   Ark Halberd for Spark 3      Lancelot/Rune Spear for Skill
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby rid1ey » Fri Feb 17 2017 6:25pm

what items should i carry over to scenario 3?

will mithril be redundant or infinitely obtainable in scenario 3?

are potions and goddess tears infinitely obtainable in scenario 3, too? (for premium disk)

hope these questions make sense!
rid1ey

Postby Lord Kane » Sun Feb 19 2017 10:29pm

Items you carry over to scenario 3 will only be available in the final chapter. Since then all mithril weapons will have been buyable in the chapters before, partly in the final chapter, too. So I would use these mithrils fully in scenario 1 and 2.

Potions and goddess tears are IIRC in some rare cases infinitely obtainable, but although still relatively rare, so it's not bad to have some of them in scenario 3, but it's really not necessary.
Lord Kane

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining Force III